Being charged with a crime is an incredibly serious matter, and if you are currently facing criminal charges, you should strongly consider speaking with an experienced Richmond criminal defense attorney as soon as possible. Contact James A. Bullard Jr. P.C. today to learn more about how our legal team can effectively fight your charges at every turn.
Richmond Criminal Defense Attorney | Protecting Your Rights
No matter the charges you are facing, the attorney you choose to represent you in your case can make a world of a difference. Our Richmond criminal defense attorney takes each case personally, and you can bet that he will do everything in his power to attain a positive outcome on your behalf.
Our Legal Services
For years, our experienced Richmond criminal defense attorney has fought on behalf of clients facing a wide array of legal issues, including the following:
- Assault: Assault & battery is a very serious charge here in Virginia, and those convicted of assault & battery risk jail time, high fines, and more. Oftentimes, people face assault charges as a result of a misunderstanding. For example, sometimes someone defending themselves may be misconstrued as them being the attacker. Regardless of your circumstances, our firm is here to help.
- Fraud: Fraud is becoming increasingly common here in the United States, especially in the digital age. If you believe that you’ve been wrongly accused of any type of fraud, such as check fraud, credit card fraud, or otherwise, you can depend on our legal team to fight for your rights.
- Domestic Violence: Domestic violence charges have both a significant legal and personal impact on a person. Domestic violence charges can ruin an individual’s reputation as well as his or her life at home. Oftentimes, domestic violence convictions can result in restraining orders, which, at times, can break a father or mother away from his or her children. No one should ever have to face domestic violence accusations on their own.
- Drug Crimes: Though the country as a whole is beginning to take different views on certain drugs, such as marijuana, the fact is, many drugs are, and likely always will be, illegal in Virginia, and if you are caught in possession of them, there is a very good chance that you will face jail time, high fines, and more. James A. Bullard, Jr., P.C. is on your side.
- DUI: Driving while under the influence is among the most common criminal charges that our firm sees. We understand that people make mistakes, and whether you’ve made a mistake or you’ve been wrongfully charged with a DUI, you can rely on our competent legal team to effectively fight your charges, every step of the way.
- Gun Crimes: Though the Commonwealth of Virginia does recognize and observe the Second Amendment, you should understand that there are several gun laws in place that regulate the sale, possession, and use of firearms. When those laws are violated, Virginia courts seek to hold the violator accountable. Our firm can help.
- Juvenile Crimes: When a child is accused of a crime (referred to as an offense in juvenile law terms), he or she has a lot at stake, including potentially being sent to a juvenile correctional center. Our Richmond criminal defense attorney is here to help ensure your child’s future is safe.
- Sex Crimes: Sex crimes are among the most brutal crimes a person could commit, however, we live in a time where people are wrongfully accused of sex crimes far more often than you may think. A sex crime conviction can ruin a person’s life and reputation; anyone charged with such a crime needs an aggressive attorney on their side.
- Shoplifting: Many people do not consider shoplifting to be a very serious crime, however, it can warrant years in jail, fines, and restitution, so it is not to be taken lightly.
- Violent Crimes: Violent crimes usually involve the infliction of injury or death on another, which is why those found guilty are often sentenced harshest of all. We know how much is at stake, and we are here to help.
- Traffic Violations: Speeding tickets and other traffic violations are fairly common, which is why when we receive such a ticket, we do not typically think we need to hire an attorney. This is untrue, as the penalties for some of the most common traffic violations may have a far greater impact on your life than you may think.
How a Criminal Record Can Affect You
When someone is charged with a crime, they should understand that they have far more to worry about than the initial punishment they may receive–they also have to worry about their future. This is because a criminal conviction will result in a criminal record. Unfortunately, a criminal record is something that can follow an individual for the rest of his or her life. Just some of the ways that obtaining a criminal record can affect you are as follows:
- It can prevent you from renting certain apartments or living in certain areas.
- It can prevent you from getting certain jobs, as you will have to answer “yes” when asked if you’ve ever been convicted of a crime.
- It can prevent you from securing certain loans.
- If you are an immigrant, it may affect your immigration status here in the United States.
- It can make the consequences of subsequent crimes even harsher.
These are just some of the long-term repercussions of a criminal record, which is why if you’ve been charged with a crime, the time to act is now. Hire an experienced Richmond criminal defense attorney who can fight your charges and work to preserve your freedom.
Contact a Richmond Criminal Defense Attorney
The bottom line is that no matter the charges you are facing, you simply cannot afford to go it alone. Our legal team is ready to fight for your rights through every step of the legal process ahead. We proudly serve clients in Richmond and throughout Virginia, including in Richmond County, Henrico County, Goochland County, Hanover County, Chesterfield County, Powhatan County, and Amelia County. Contact James A. Bullard Jr. P.C. today to schedule your initial consultation with our firm.